My name is Jessie Faber and I’m a Functional Health Practitioner
I suffered from debilitating chronic illness for over a decade.
Since I was in grade school, I had big dreams of traveling the world and living a life of adventure. And, I was well on my way to making it happen when suddenly my body seemed to have other plans…
At 28 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis, a few years later hypothyroid and even lupus at one point.
Over a short period of time, my days became consumed with constant pain, fatigue, brain fog, and digestive issues.
I saw every different kind of conventional doctor. I had 3 abdominal surgeries in less than 8 years, was prescribed pain killers, hormones, hormone suppressants, and anti-malarial drugs. Mostly causing side effects worse than the actual symptoms they were meant to be treating.
I ran the gamut with alternative therapies and practitioners as well. Often experiencing more relief and fewer side effects with this route. But it was really expensive, often super restrictive and they were still just treating my symptoms. As soon as I would stop regular treatments or their $300+ a month line of white-labeled proprietary blends, everything would fall apart again.
This was just a less detrimental approach to symptom relief.
The spark that had once fueled all my ambitions in life was now gone and I didn’t know if it would ever come back. It felt like the only thing left of me was disease.
After years of literal pain, frustration, disappointment, and over $50k in medical debt I realized that if I was ever going to be able to enjoy my life again, I was going to have to figure it out myself.
And that’s just what I did!
I put whatever energy I had into researching and experimenting on the strategies that would finally give me back the freedom to live the life I’d dreamed of.
I went on to complete certifications that would grant me access to the latest testing, tools, and strategies to identify and resolve root cause issues.
I then went further and decided I needed to find the most efficient way to achieve these goals.
So much of functional medicine is not only cost prohibitive but many of the diet and lifestyle recommendations are logistically unrealistic and too restrictive for the average person to implement and still enjoy life.
I knew that practicality and efficiency would be the key to not only achieving optimal health but successfully maintaining it as well.
I am currently living out my wildest dreams, traveling the world, and having the adventures I once thought were lost forever.
Now I’m on a mission to bring that same relief and opportunity to others struggling with chronic illness and help even more from getting sick in the first place.
Since 2014, I have received certifications as a Primal Health Coach and a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, as well as multiple certifications in Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis.
What I bring to the table aside from my vast knowledge is a strong ability to problem solve combined with a deep understanding of human behavior. Not to mention, a decade of having experienced firsthand what it was like to be the person seeking help.
Working with me will not only provide you with a deep awareness of what your unique body needs to look and feel great and perform at its highest level, but you’ll also have someone on your team with the compassion and understanding to help find the right strategies to get you there.
Do any of these sound like you?
- Exhausted in the morning and hard to get out of bed
- Dips and crashes throughout the day
- Have trouble falling or staying asleep
- Experience frequent heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, or bloating
- Suffer from persistent aches and pains
- Have trouble losing or maintaining a healthy weight
- Trouble focusing/ brain fog
- Painful/Irregular periods, fertility issues, or low libido
- Acne, eczema, or other skin issues?
- Hair loss
All of these symptoms have somehow become accepted as being part of our normal daily life.
We muddle through the discomfort for a while, then start grabbing over-the-counter options just to get through the day.
The issues persist, we start reading articles, buying books, doing detox programs, and buying magic beans from Instagram and Facebook ads.
When we finally get fed up, realize this is no way to live, and seek medical attention, we are most likely told there’s nothing wrong with us and are given medications to cover up the symptoms.
No symptoms, no problem, right?
If you are lucky enough to actually get relief from these medications, it’s often short-lived, but that’s not the worst part of it.
While you may have found a way to ignore your health issues, the root causes (deficiencies, dysbiosis, inflammation, hormonal imbalance, environmental exposures, and so on…) are still festering.
And the very medications that are meant to help you are causing more deficiencies and, by design, disrupting your body’s ability to function optimally.
It’s these root cause issues, if not properly resolved, that will not just cause symptoms, but lead to diagnosable disease.
This will get your doctor’s attention. You’ll end up on more medications, and then medications to help you treat the side effects of those other medications.
And then one day, you are part of the staggering statistic. One that seems inconceivable when you consider that the U.S. spends more on medical care than any other developed nation, but is the sickest amongst them.
We spend the most and are the least healthy amongst developed nations.
1 in 2 Americans has a chronic illness.
Illnesses such as hypothyroid, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and autoimmune disorders just to name a few.
These illnesses are caused by weaknesses and imbalances in the body that are present, and can be detected, long before symptoms show up.
Wouldn’t it be better if we started putting time and energy and resources into doing things that promoted health instead of managed disease?
Now, I am not anti-medication.
Relief is most often needed for recovery and sometimes medications are necessary life-saving interventions.
But the conversation should never end with “and here’s your prescription…”
The following questions should always be asked and answered:
- *What can be done to resolve the underlying issue causing these symptoms and reduce or remove my dependency on these medications?
- *If it’s necessary to stay on these medications, what can be done to mitigate the potential harm and side effects caused by them?
And how about, before it ever gets to this point asking the question:
What can I do to be as healthy and resilient as possible?
These are the questions we can find the answers to.
What if I told you, you could:
- Look and feel great and perform at your highest level.
- Learn what works best for you, when it comes to diet, exercise, and supplementation.
- Get protocols that suit your individual body, lifestyle, and personality. Protocols you can actually live with.
- Finally be free from the persistent health issues that have been keeping you from living your healthiest, happiest life.
- Avoid becoming a statistic of chronic illness.
- Reduce the possibility (or current reality) of being dependent on expensive prescription drugs and therefore avoid the side effects.
- Identify the stressors that stand between you and Optimal Health.
- Stop wasting precious hours of your life driving around, waiting to talk to specialists that all tell you something different and only want to treat the symptoms instead of fixing the problem.
- Learn how to advocate effectively and be a participant in your health.
- Increase longevity, vitality, and performance.
- Maintain independence well into advanced age.
- Focus on giving your body what it needs instead of trying to restrict all the things popular media tells you are bad for you.
- And discover that suffering isn’t necessary to achieve your aesthetic goals.